Renters Marketplace: Move out inspection
Instructions for tenants moving out of their rental property.
It is your obligation to leave the residence in a clean and rentable condition. All of these areas are a condition for having a security deposit and/or portions thereof returned:
Are You Moving Out?
- Notify all utility companies.
- Put in "Change of Address" with the Post Office
- Return your keys to Renters Marketplace and leave us with your forwarding address for deposit disbursement.
- Walls and ceiling must be washed and all marks removed.
- Carpets must be vacuumed and professionally shampooed by a truck-mounted steam cleaner ONLY (keep receipt and provide to the Property Manager).
- Blinds must be cleaned
- Windows, mullions, and tracks must be washed.
- Light fixtures, door knobs, and all household hardware must be cleaned.
- All tile, vinyl and wood floors must be cleaned.
- Storage areas must be cleared out and cleaned.
- All closets are to be cleaned including the walls inside the closet.
- Balcony, porch, or lanai must be cleared and cleaned
- Make any necessary repairs of drywall damage not noted in "move-in walk through" such as nail/tack holes etc.
- The refrigerator must be defrosted and cleaned and turned to low.
- The range must have the oven pans, broiler pans (if provided) and shelves cleaned.
- Hood and exhaust fans must be cleaned.
- The dishwasher must be cleaned and in operating order
- Cabinets must have all contact paper (if applied) and goods removed and shelves cleaned.
- Floor and container under refrigerator (if there is one) must be cleaned
- Disposal must be flushed out.
- Walls cleaned and marks removed
- Windows, mullions and tracks cleaned
- Carpets professionally shampooed (keep receipt and provide to the Property Manager)
- Light fixtures and base boards (including heaters) cleaned and dusted.
- Lawn must be mowed and edged.
- Yard must be raked and free of fallen leaves.
- All beds must be free of weeds